Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should be seen for an orthodontic evaluation by 7 years of age or earlier to determine if early treatment or two phase treatment is necessary to achieve a healthy, functioning bite that will support lasting dental health. This is the age when children begin to develop their molars, and possible bite or tooth crowding problems begin to be evident upon examination.
A Dawson trained orthodontist, Dr. Richter offers a comprehensive evaluation of your child’s occlusal system, looking for the developing signs of imbalance and dysfunction that could be the start of a bite problem affecting dental health for a lifetime. Early orthodontic treatment, when deemed necessary, can prevent larger problems down the road and secure a healthy, functional smile for your child as they grow.
Why Treat Early?
In addition to saving money on dentistry down the road, early orthodontic treatment can offer young patients important dental health benefits:
- Preserve space for new emerging teeth.
- Reduce the risk of needing braces.
- Create healthy jaw growth by preventing overbite and under bite issues.
- Reduce the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Reduce the need for tooth extraction.
- Reduce the total treatment time with braces.
- Prevent malocclusions, which are a direct result of jaw or tooth misalignment.
Schedule Early Orthodontic Screening in Greeley
If you or your dentist are concerned about your child’s oral health, contact Richter Orthodontics in Greeley, CO to schedule an early screening. You can call our office at (970) 281-4452 or use our convenient online request form.